Thursday, May 27, 2010

grace kampbell glover

ok i am finally getting out of my blog funk, so i figure first things first, i need to introduce
GRACE KAMPBELL GLOVER
to the blog world!!!

so here's her story: we checked in bright and early at 5 a.m. on may 4th. by 5:30 all the paper work was signed and it was time to get the ball rolling.

trav and i right after we got checked in

at 6, they hooked my IV up and started me on my pitocin. it wasnt long before my contractions started getting pretty rough, so by 9, i was ready for my epidural. they had quite a problem getting it in right, so it took about 45 mins.... torture to be stabbed in the spine amidst multiple progressing contractions. by 11 a.m. i was practically crossing my legs to keep gracie in bc i was trying to wait for my mom and bitty to get there. for some reason i had it in my head that i really needed to see grayson before i had her. not the case, gracie had a different plan. she wasnt waiting for anybody. 8 minutes of pushing and 6 contractions later, here she is....


grace kampbell glover

may 4th, 2010 11:52 a.m.

7 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/2 inches long

our first family picture- epic fail yet so priceless

grayson has since warmed up quite nicely to his sister, smothering her with kisses ALL day long. he had more of an issue warming up to me, but once travis had to go back to work, he didnt have much of a choice. its been quite an adjustment with two babies, but amazing nonetheless. im learning new ways to adapt every day and things NOT to do every day! for example, today grayson chugged some tea then leaned over gracie's car seat to give her a kiss, and puked all over her. note to self.. dont let grayson chug tea and then go in for a kiss! poor gracie! it's been quite interesting! now that im out of my blog funk, there will be lots more stories to come of laughs, joys, frustrations and such of being a mommy of two!

3 comments:

  1. Im so happy you are back and even more excited for you and your growing family!! Can't wait for more stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but I laughed so hard at the puke story bc I can totally picture him doing that. Poor Gracie! I'm sure she will repay the favor one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gracie! Poor girl! lol Too funny! {I still can only view your blog on IE so please excuse my lack of comments- yours is the only one I can't view- weird}

    ReplyDelete