Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: glover style

we started off 2010 with grayson looking like this:




and gracie looking like this:

2010 was a wonderful year for our family, started off a little rough, but ended so great! God definitely reminded me many times this year that He is in control, not me. And what a good reminder that is!



JANUARY

i was put on strict bedrest at 26 weeks for the remainder of my pregnancy. travis was sent to korea for six weeks. my mom and mother-in-law helped take care of gray and i had to learn how to ask for help and be dependent on others (not a fan.) most of our days were spent like this:



FEBRUARY & MARCH

spent mostly in bed. grayson became the biggest daddy's boy imaginable and it's stayed the same ever since.



APRIL

celebrated Easter. started getting out of bed a little more, bc i was almost full-term.




MAY

my brother married his best friend.

God gave us, yet again, another perfect blessing!

our Grace Kampbell was born may 4th.

precious, perfect, and adored.

i wondered how on earth i would ever be able to love anything the way i love grayson, but when i looked at her for the first time it was like God opened my heart and just kept pouring more and more love in!









i had the best mother's day ever adoring my two precious gifts from God.

the rest of may was spent adjusting to being a family of four. bliss.

JUNE

june was mostly spent outside in the pool, staying cool. we celebrated my niece's birthday, my MIL's birthday, and my 24th birthday. we also celebrated travis's first father's day as a daddy of two! my in-laws moved to singapore.


JULY

a virus hit our house and made the rounds.

spent Gracie's first holiday, 4th of July (and her 2nd month birthday), hooked up to IV's at TX Childrens, praying to God every second that she didn't have viral meningitis. thank God she was only diagnosed with bacterial meningitis, but it still scared me to death. God is good!


AUGUST

nothing too note-worthy happened in august.


SEPTEMBER

sept 4th was travis and i's first wedding anniversary. he was at work, so it was spent showering one of my best friends, Haley and angel baby Owen!


haley and her mom suprised me with this cake, even though we were supposed to be celebrating her! sweetest friend ever!!!! haley sturgeon, i am so blessed to have you in my life! i love you!
showering haley. celebrating owen.
my baby boy got his first haircut and in just a few snips, grew up before my very eyes!looking like such a big boy now!OCTOBER

october is always an awesome month!

haley and jeremy became the proud parents to the precious and perfect, Owen Ross!! (aka my future son-in-law!)






my hubby turned 25, but he was at work. we didn't get to celebrate properly bc by the time he got home, we were in full swing 2nd birthday party mode!

my first baby turned TWO! i still can't believe he is a toddler! how did time fly by so quickly without me even realizing!


gracie celebrated her first halloween as the cutest and chubbiest little lamb i ever did see!!!
cowboy grayson made a pit stop at mimi's while trick-or-treating, for a drink and some kisses!
NOVEMBER

we celebrated thanksgiving. so thankful for my angel babies, my husband, my family, my friends, our health, Jesus and a million other things. God has blessed us beyond belief! travis was at work and my in-laws were in singapore, so for the first time in 9 years, i only had one place to be on thanksgiving. AHHH heaven!!! my brother and sister-in-law hosted thanksgiving at their new house and both my mom and dad and stepmom and all our other family members were all under the same roof! it was SOOO nice! we had the best time enjoying everybody's company and i was able to relax and not have to worry about getting to two other thanksgiving feasts!


grayson had a blast playing with my bro and SIL's new dogs, hank and mimi!


DECEMBER

december was all about celebrating Jesus's birthday! it really is the most wonderful time of year! it is so fun celebrating with the kids and starting new traditions and keeping up with old traditions. however, Christmas felt a little off this year, because travis had to leave to go back to work the day before Christmas eve, so we celebrated early! (if you've been keeping track, travis has pretty much been gone for every holiday this year! it sucks so bad! im just so thankful he was here for Gracie's birth and Grayson's bday!) i was sad he missed gracie's first Christmas, but good thing santa brought me a new video camera so i got everything on tape! now i can document all the precious moments he doesnt get to be here for!




2010 has been a truly incredible year. i can't even imagine what 2011 has in store, but im looking forward to all it has to bring!

4 comments:

  1. taylor I have no idea how you do it! I hate michaels schedule but at least he comes home a few nights a week, you are an amazing mom!! You are such an inspiration to me! Your babies are too cute for words! Happy new year. Hopefully your husband will be home for more holidays this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You are the strongest person I know... I can BARELY make it with one and I have help, but you persevere and are an amazing mommy to two beautiful babies without someone walking in the door every night to give you a break. I'm so thankful for you and so glad i'm getting over Owen's 'newness' and can't wait to spend many days shopping, lunching and hanging out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is ADORABLE!! Loved looking at all your pics!! Hope your 2011 is filled with love and blessings! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that you keep up with those two kiddos with Travis being away... AMAZING! Loved having lunch with you the other day and getting to meet Grayson and Gracie. Hope to do it again next time I'm home!

    ReplyDelete